Skip to content

Tribal Government’s Responsibility to Receive Facility Information

2011 February 23

A Tribe’s only responsibility under the options EPA is considering would be to receive any TRI reports submitted by facilities located within its Indian country.  EPA would ask affected Tribes (those with facilities located in their Indian country) to identify a point of contact to whom facilities could provide the annual report of TRI releases.  If no TRI contact was designated, the Tribal Environmental Department would serve as the point of contact for report submissions.

Editor's Note: The opinions expressed here are those of the author. They do not reflect EPA policy, endorsement, or action, and EPA does not verify the accuracy or science of the contents of the blog.

Please share this post. However, please don't change the title or the content. If you do make changes, don't attribute the edited title or content to EPA or the author.

2 Responses leave one →
  1. Brandy Toft permalink
    March 30, 2011

    The Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe supports this addition of a Tribal point of contact for both facilities and EPA for report submissions. The Tribal Emergency Response Committee potentially will appoint Leech Lake’s point of contact.

  2. March 31, 2011

    It was good that EPA held a call for Tribal personnel that missed the 2 calls previously in Feb. It is good that you are going to include tribes in this, but I believe that until they find/get a point of contact, that they send the information to the President of our Tribe and also the Environmental Director until said person is appointed.

Leave a Reply

Note: You can use basic XHTML in your comments. Your email address will never be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS