Skip to content

Opportunity 1: Request to Add a Facility for Reporting

2011 February 23

EPA is considering adding a provision to allow the tribal Chairperson or equivalent elected official to request EPA, in the same manner as State governors, to apply the TRI reporting requirements to a specific facility or facilities located within the Tribe’s Indian country.

Editor's Note: The opinions expressed here are those of the author. They do not reflect EPA policy, endorsement, or action, and EPA does not verify the accuracy or science of the contents of the blog.

Please share this post. However, please don't change the title or the content. If you do make changes, don't attribute the edited title or content to EPA or the author.

2 Responses leave one →
  1. Brandy Toft permalink
    March 30, 2011

    The Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe supports the provision for the Tribal Chairperson, as equivelent to State Governors, to apply TRI reporting requirments to a facility(ies) located in Indian Country.

    • lcamalie permalink*
      March 30, 2011

      Thanks, Brandy! This is great to hear. We are hoping that by proposing this provision, the tribal chairperson will take advantage of the opportunity to help increase their community’s access to such toxic release information from facilities near their land.

Leave a Reply

Note: You can use basic XHTML in your comments. Your email address will never be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS