November 15th is America Recycles Day…
• Reduce food waste by using up the food you already bought and have in the house instead of buying more. You already paid for it – so use it!
• Donate non-perishable and unspoiled food to local food banks, soup kitchens, pantries, and shelters.
• Reuse items around the house such as rags and wipes, empty jars and mugs, party decorations, and gift wrap.
• Buy products in concentrate, bulk, and in refillable containers. They reduce packaging waste and can save money!
• When buying products, check the labels to determine an item’s recyclability and whether it is made from recycled materials. Buying recycled encourages manufacturers to make more recycled-content products available.
Find out more about what you can do at the student’s America Recycles Day webpage: http://www.epa.gov/students/amrecycles.html
Editor's Note: The opinions expressed in Greenversations are those of the author. They do not reflect EPA policy, endorsement, or action, and EPA does not verify the accuracy or science of the contents of the blog.