Call for Submissions – “A Greener Apple” Photo Contest
Our photo contest continues, and this month’s theme is “Urban Harvest.” Submit your photos on our Flickr page by Midnight (EST) on November 15, 2011 to have a chance at some exposure and recognition on “Greening the Apple.” In December 2011, submissions will be compiled and linked on the EPA Region 2 website for the public to see.
Follow these quick tips to submit your photo(s). Additional Terms and Conditions can be found here.
Entering is easy. The contest runs through Flickr.com, a photo-sharing website. If you don’t have an account, signing up is free, simple and fast. Only Flickr.com members will be permitted to submit photos.
Follow these steps:
1. Choose your best work
2. Create a Flickr account if you don’t have one (see http://www.flickr.com/ and click on “Sign up now”)
3. Upload your photos to your account
a. In your photo’s description:
i. Share where the photo was taken
ii. Give a short (15 words or less) description of the photo to help us understand the context
4. Join “A Greener Apple’s” group (http://www.flickr.com/groups/1829022@N22/) Once on the page, click “add photos”
5. Select your photos from your photo stream and click “add to group” on the right hand side of your screen
6. Your photos will become a part of the Group Pool
7. Photos can be any size, as Flickr will resize them automatically (see http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/)
8. Tag your photos “A Greener Apple” so people can easily find them.
Don’t forget to check out our winning photograph, for the month of September, the theme of which was “Urban Waters.” We look forward to seeing your work!
Editor's Note: The opinions expressed in Greenversations are those of the author. They do not reflect EPA policy, endorsement, or action, and EPA does not verify the accuracy or science of the contents of the blog.