By Alexis Glears
It’s been three months since we launched Six Words for the Planet with SMITH Magazine and we have received six words from all different points of view. I thought it would be interesting for my fellow interns and I to add our voices and environmental perspectives to this project. Here are some of our submissions to Six Words for the Planet:
- Who will speak for planet Earth? – Grace Dimond
- Environmental ignorance is bliss to most. – Karley Kranich
- Nothing is natural. Man is everywhere. – Kelly Mercer
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. In that order. – Stephanie Gebhardt
- Set an example for younger generations – Alexis Glears
We’ve shared our essays. Now let’s hear from you! Read more essays and share your Six Words for the Planet at SMITH Magazine today.
About the author: Alexis Glears is a summer intern the Office of External Affairs and Environmental Education. She is studying public relations at Hampton University and will be graduating in December 2012.