• Reduce food waste by using up the food you already bought and have in the house instead of buying more. You already paid for it – so use it!
• Donate non-perishable and unspoiled food to local food banks, soup kitchens, pantries, and shelters.
• Reuse items around the house such as rags and wipes, empty jars and mugs, party decorations, and gift wrap.
• Buy products in concentrate, bulk, and in refillable containers. They reduce packaging waste and can save money!
• When buying products, check the labels to determine an item’s recyclability and whether it is made from recycled materials. Buying recycled encourages manufacturers to make more recycled-content products available.
Find out more about what you can do at the student’s America Recycles Day webpage: http://www.epa.gov/students/amrecycles.html