Interns, Ideas, Perspectives, and the Planet
By Alexis Glears
It’s been three months since we launched Six Words for the Planet with SMITH Magazine and we have received six words from all different points of view. I thought it would be interesting for my fellow interns and I to add our voices and environmental perspectives to this project. Here are some of our submissions to Six Words for the Planet:
- Who will speak for planet Earth? – Grace Dimond
- Environmental ignorance is bliss to most. – Karley Kranich
- Nothing is natural. Man is everywhere. – Kelly Mercer
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. In that order. – Stephanie Gebhardt
- Set an example for younger generations – Alexis Glears
We’ve shared our essays. Now let’s hear from you! Read more essays and share your Six Words for the Planet at SMITH Magazine today.
About the author: Alexis Glears is a summer intern the Office of External Affairs and Environmental Education. She is studying public relations at Hampton University and will be graduating in December 2012.
Editor's Note: The opinions expressed in Greenversations are those of the author. They do not reflect EPA policy, endorsement, or action, and EPA does not verify the accuracy or science of the contents of the blog.