Online Resources: Response to the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico
Since the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico on April 22, 2010, we’ve mobilized resources to support the U.S. Coast Guard and protect public health and the environment. Our Emergency Operations Center at headquarters has been activated, trained EPA responders are working on the scene, and special mobile equipment has been sent to the Gulf area.
We have several online resources available:
1) We’re posting updated data and other information on our BP oil spill site (www.epa.gov/bpspill):
- Get air quality and water data
- Find answers to common questions
- Submit technology solutions
2) Connect with us on social media sites:
- Administrator Jackson’s personal account of the response to the oil spill: Facebook and Twitter
- EPA’s announcements about our response: Facebook and Twitter
You can also visit the coordinated government response site (www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com) for:
- Information about the spill and efforts to stop the oil from flowing
- Hotlines to report oil on land or injured wildlife
- Details of how you can volunteer
The views expressed here are intended to explain EPA policy. They do not change anyone's rights or obligations. You may share this post. However, please do not change the title or the content, or remove EPA’s identity as the author. If you do make substantive changes, please do not attribute the edited title or content to EPA or the author.
EPA's official web site is www.epa.gov. Some links on this page may redirect users from the EPA website to specific content on a non-EPA, third-party site. In doing so, EPA is directing you only to the specific content referenced at the time of publication, not to any other content that may appear on the same webpage or elsewhere on the third-party site, or be added at a later date.
EPA is providing this link for informational purposes only. EPA cannot attest to the accuracy of non-EPA information provided by any third-party sites or any other linked site. EPA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies, internet applications or any policies or information expressed therein.